Faculty and graduate students teaching courses in English may refer their students to the DMP to check out equipment for use in English classes.
Equipment available to undergrads in English courses includes:
- Point and shoot digital cameras: Canon PowerShots, Nikons with mic inputs and video capability
- Video recorders: Flip cameras, Zoom audio/video recorders (Q3, Q8HD), Nikons with mic inputs and video capability, Kodak PlaySports, occasional other items
- Audio Recorders: Edirol R-09 & R-09 HRs, Zoom audio recorders, Zoom audio/video recorders.
- Accessories: Full-sized and table-top tripods, microphones, basic light kits, cell phone and tablet mounts.
Additional equipment not available to undergrads, but available for checkout by faculty and graduate students in the Department of English for personal or classroom use:
- iPads: for video gaming or digital media production (limited availability to undergraduates in associated classes)
- iPad/iPod/iPhone accessories: tripod mounts, camera kits, microphones, lenses, video adapters
- Projection equipment: Portable projectors, audio & video adapters
- Camera: Nikon D90 dSLR
- Portable Hard Drives.
If there is something that you need that you don't see on this list, please ask. We may either have it, or be able to find something else that will work for you.
All equipment checkouts are for 24 hours, excepting items picked up on Friday, which are due the following Monday. The DMP does not supply consumable supplies such as batteries or tapes.